USTelecom is seeking a Policy Administrator to support the Law & Policy department managing projects for policy development initiatives, industry advocacy and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. USTelecom is the nation's leading trade association representing and promoting the interests of its members, broadband service providers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated dependability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and ability to work on a team in a service-minded environment. Must be proficient in MS Office and administrative procedures.
- Manage projects and perform related administrative tasks for Law & Policy staff, including drafting signature-ready letters and memoranda, filing documents with government agencies, updating contact lists tracking communications, and coordinating with support staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities. Provide support for legal staff by performing research and administrative tasks.
- Develop subject matter expertise for Law & Policy staff on selected issues.
- Work with legal staff to establish policy advocacy priorities and strategies.
- Assist legal staff in ensuring timely and full compliance with corporate and lobbying disclosure filings, including assisting with individual employee filings as needed.
- Proofread and edit materials for accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
- Create and maintain research databases and distribution lists for email and mail distribution.
- Prepare presentation materials and reports (documents, spreadsheets, databases, and/or presentations) and provide other administrative and substantive support for special projects.
- Maintain record keeping systems of official USTelecom policies, contracts, and filings; maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Conduct research as directed by legal staff using databases such as Lexis or Westlaw and the FCC’s ECFS.
- Bachelor’s degree: business, management, legal, or paralegal studies preferred
- 2 years project management and administrative support experience
- Excellent writings skills
- Strong time management and ability to effectively communicate
- Trade Association, FCC or Law firm experience a plus
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and is Metro-accessible location. Interested candidates may submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement via e-mail to [email protected] with “POLICY ADMINISTRATOR” in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please. EOE/ M/F/D/V. For more information on USTelecom please visit www.ustelecom.org.