USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
Job Description: The Director of Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs will support a team that leads the association’s advocacy efforts before the Executive Branch, regulatory agencies, courts, and other government entities in Washington DC. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized and flexible with an ability to simultaneously work on a variety of complex policy matters. S/he also will regularly engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance their business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Assist in the implementation of a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to our members’ business interests.
- Coordinate regular in-person and teleconference meetings of USTelecom members.
- Outline and draft regulatory pleadings before federal agencies.
- Review and summarize regulatory actions and comments submitted in relevant proceedings.
- Represent the association in meetings with policymakers and external organizations.
- Attend and summarize relevant industry events.
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration and communication.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association with our members, and with external stakeholders to maximize USTelecom’s effectiveness and growth.
- Two-year’s experience in the legal profession and/or policy positions.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community.
- Knowledge of federal communications regulatory process and agency workings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. or other advanced degree.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “Director Advocacy & Regulatory Affairs” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.