USTelecom | The Broadband Association is seeking a Director of Media Affairs to help lead the association’s media and public relations initiatives.
USTelecom is leading the national technology and innovation conversation and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic, forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – USTelecom represents the nation’s innovative broadband providers – companies that are the backbone of all communications from ground to cloud, and committed to delivering the power and promise of high-speed internet to all communities.
USTelecom is looking for a strategic, creative and results-oriented Director of Media Affairs with 5-7 years of experience to help lead the association’s communications, media and public relations work around broadband innovation, connectivity and the internet.
Responsibilities include fielding and responding to media inquiries, drafting a range of written content (op-eds, statements, press releases, social posts, website materials) and pitching stories.
- Develop and implement media strategies to advance the association’s national advocacy and public policy agenda.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of reporters, producers, columnists and bookers.
- Draft external communications: press releases, statements, blog posts, opinion pieces and other communications materials as needed.
- Draft internal communications: briefing memos, talking points, video scripts and newsletter content.
- Amplify member news and objectives across all association communications platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in public relations, pitching, fielding and responding to media requests.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in government, Capitol Hill, campaign or related technology advocacy strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong writing and editing skills; exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed resume, cover letter and two writing samples via e-mail to [email protected] with “DIRECTOR OF MEDIA AFFAIRS” in the subject line. No phone calls please.