USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
The Senior Vice President of Government Affairs will serve as the principal strategic leader for the association’s advocacy efforts before Congress. The ideal candidate will have a clear vision for, and relentless focus on, delivering consistent ROI to the association’s growing membership. S/he will design and implement effective advocacy strategies, which both anticipate legislative and policy opportunities and challenges facing USTelecom’s membership, and stay ahead of the rapidly evolving technologies, business models and services, and market dynamics that comprise the evolving broadband industry. S/he also will proactively and dynamically engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance their business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Work with USTelecom’s Board, CEO and senior management to develop and execute a focused strategic advocacy agenda critical to our members’ business interests, ensuring our members are able to compete effectively in a rapidly evolving technology marketplace.
- Lead an advocacy team that thinks strategically and creatively and with the highest levels of intellectual and substantive integrity to continually deliver bottom-line policy results for our members.
- Build a team culture that prioritizes collaboration and communication, and encourages a deep, consistent, and pro-active commitment to member services, support, and engagement.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association, with our members, and with external stakeholders to maximize USTelecom’s effectiveness and growth.
- Identify and develop new partnerships, relationships, and opportunities to expand the association’s scope and impact using new advocacy tools, techniques, and approaches.
- Raise the association and industry’s visibility and thought-leadership through active participation in events, social media, and related media and industry-expert platforms.
- Ten-year track record of accomplishment working on or with Capitol Hill
- Recognized expertise in issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community
- Extensive network of Congressional, industry, policy, technology and advocacy professionals
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven success as an inclusive, motivating, and innovative team-leader and manager
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “SVP Governement Affairs” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.