USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities to the power and promise of high-speed internet and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and create business opportunities for our members, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic, forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
The Director, Business Development and Partnerships is responsible for identifying, developing, marketing, and selling new value-added revenue initiatives, programs, partnerships, and membership opportunities for one of the nation’s most visible, high growth/high impact technology trade associations. The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, and motivated to develop, implement, and sell membership, networking, sponsorship, and other revenue opportunities to key partners in the rapidly growing broadband industry and related sectors.
- Manage the development and implementation of the overall sales and partnership development plan for USTelecom.
- Actively prospect new partners, generate leads for prospective membership recruitment, and maintain clear, current records and notes on prospective and existing members via CRM and AMS for all sales activity and reporting.
- Manage the development and implementation of sponsor and advertiser retention.
- Develop, market, and sell new programs and services that will enhance USTelecom’s membership ROI, grow USTelecom’s revenue, and support member retention.
- Ensure coordinated, sustained communications with members and prospective members, including working collaboratively with internal team members in the design, production, and distribution of collateral materials.
- Work internally across organization and externally to communicate member value proposition and benefits to current members and prospects, leveraging subject matter experts across USTelecom to participate in the recruitment and engagement process.
Proven sales/business development performer with a strong 7+ years track record of executive-level engagement, relationship building, and partner development. Experience in a membership-oriented association and/or executive experience in sales and marketing, management consulting, or selling to C-suite executives a plus.
Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or MBA helpful, but not required.
USTelecom offers a highly competitive salary, attractive commissions incentives, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “Director, Business Development and Partnerships” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on USTelecom, please visit www.ustelecom.org
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.