USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities to the power and promise of high-speed internet and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and create business opportunities for our members, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic, forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
We are seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial and innovative advocacy professional to advance our members’ efforts before Congress.
Job Description: The Director, Government Affairs is responsible for developing and implementing legislative strategies supporting the business and advocacy objectives of USTelecom’s members. The Director will focus primarily on federal activities with an emphasis on maintaining and coordinating with Democratic Senators and staff.
1. Meet with members of Congress and staff to convey and advocate verbally, and through written materials, USTelecom positions;
2. Track assigned legislation, disseminating and updating information to the USTelecom membership.
3. Represent USTelecom at assigned political events;
4. Regularly share information within our organization and among our members.
5. Serve as USTelecom representative to legislative coalition groups;
6. Develop, coordinate and negotiate appropriate industry response to federal legislation.
7. Coordinate the activities of the Association to assure their combined effectiveness in representing the interests of the broadband industry in the legislative and regulatory areas.
8. Monitor, report, and analyze federal legislation relevant to USTelecom members.
9. Act as a representative for the Association before interested government entities, including the FCC, Congress, the Executive Branch and their staffs, state regulators and legislators, and state broadband associations and other appropriate entities, as well as the news media.
Qualifications: Minimum 5 years’ experience in government relations and political affairs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position including prior trade association experience, a Congressional staffer or as a senior public servant in a relevant government, agency or business.
USTelecom offers a highly competitive salary, attractive commissions incentives, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “DIRECTOR, GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are Committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, National origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.