USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies, they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century
The Director of Cybersecurity will support a variety of USTelecom cybersecurity and technology objectives including policy analysis, coordination of advocacy with other domestic and global organizations, policy development and industry advocacy.
- Identify, research, and evaluate various cybersecurity issues and develop analysis.
- Work with SVP, Cybersecurity to develop priorities, positions, and strategies.
- Draft materials to communicate USTelecom’s positions on cybersecurity issues.
- Engage in external advocacy with policymakers and industry groups.
- Support the Council to Secure the Digital Economy (CSDE), including planning projects, advising on cybersecurity and technology issues, legal and policy analysis (including international laws and policies), and developing white papers and other work products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Individual should have general knowledge of major cybersecurity issues of relevance to USTelecom membership.
- Possess five to seven years’ experience researching and writing about cybersecurity issues; analyzing domestic and international laws and policies; and writing persuasively for an audience of policymakers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively about cybersecurity issues to diverse stakeholders and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Law degree preferred.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “Director of Cybersecurity” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on USTelecom, please visit www.ustelecom.org
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.