With President Donald Trump’s “America’s Infrastructure First” policy calling for $1 trillion in new investment to improve the nation’s infrastructure, broadband will play a critical role in connecting our citizens, communities and businesses and must be front and center in this important initiative.
USTelecom hosted a summit focused on the path forward for broadband infrastructure investment and policy.
Participants included members of President Trump’s transition team, broadband innovators and leading policy experts:
- Mark Jamison, Advisor to the Trump FCC transition team, Visiting Fellow with AEI’s Center for Internet, Communication, and Technology and the director and Gunter Professor of the Public Utility Research Center at the University of Florida
- Kathleen Abernathy, Executive Vice President, Frontier
- John Branscome, Senior Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
- Robert Hunt, USTelecom Chairman and Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Business Operations, GVTC
- David Redl, Chief Counsel, Communications and Technology, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Marty Rubin, President & CEO, Smart City
- Eric Small, Vice President, Commercial and MDU Solutions, AT&T
- Jonathan Spalter, President & CEO, USTelecom