USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities to the power and promise of high-speed internet and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The Association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and create business opportunities for our members, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic, forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
USTelecom’ s Communications & Public Affairs is seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial, and highly-organized professional with excellent oral and written communications skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
The Media Affairs Manager works with the Communications & Public Affairs team generating and gathering press briefing materials, drafting external and internal facing documents, monitoring media coverage, managing strategic projects, and collecting and analyzing earned media metrics to help guide strategic messaging and outreach.
1. Draft and distribute statements, press releases/media advisories, blogs, op-eds, newsletters, interview briefs and meeting prep materials
2. Compile and distribute daily news clips and maintain USTelecom media lists
3. Track and analyze all earned media metrics
4. Collaborate with other team members to implement public affairs and issue campaigns
5. Assist in the promotion and execution of public and internal facing events, including forums and webinars
6. Coordinate creation and distribution of infographics
7. Monitor and collect member news and promote across all platforms
8. Perform other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related area. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will have one to three years’ work experience in a communications or marketing field. Up-to-date on the latest digital technologies and social media tools. Creativity and enthusiasm.
USTelecom offers a highly competitive salary, bisda generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington, DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “MEDIA AFFAIRS MANAGER” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.