USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
Job Description: The Vice President of Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs will join a team that leads the association’s advocacy efforts before the Executive Branch, regulatory agencies, courts, and other government entities in Washington DC and beyond. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and organized with an ability to quickly grasp and manage multiple complex policy matters. S/he will articulate and implement effective advocacy strategies, which both anticipate regulatory and policy opportunities and challenges facing our membership, and stay ahead of the rapidly evolving technologies, business models and services, and market dynamics that comprise our evolving broadband industry. S/he also will proactively and dynamically engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance their business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Design and execute a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to our members’ business interests, ensuring our members are able to compete effectively in a rapidly evolving technology marketplace.
- Regularly convene and work with policy leaders within the USTelecom membership to develop advocacy positions and seek consensus among the membership.
- Coordinate with external organizations including think tanks, academics, public interest organizations and others on core issues of importance to membership.
- Represent the association before federal agencies and assist in the coordination of the association’s litigation and related legal efforts and initiatives.
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration and communication, and encourages a deep, consistent, and pro-active commitment to member services, support, and engagement.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association, with our members and with external stakeholders to maximize USTelecom’s effectiveness and growth.
- Raise the association and industry’s visibility and thought-leadership through active participation in events, social media, and related media and industry-expert platforms.
- Seven-year track record of accomplishment in the legal profession and/or policy positions.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community and a well-grounded understanding of broadband industry structure and dynamics.
- Prior government experience related to communications/technology policy desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of federal communications regulatory process and agency workings
- Broad professional network of industry, policy, governmental, regulatory, technology and advocacy professionals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. or other advanced degree.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected] with “VP Advocacy & Regulatory Affairs” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.