Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have become some of the most pervasive threats to websites and businesses. With DDoS-for-hire services cheaper and easier to access than ever, along with the explosion of less-secure IoT devices, these types of attacks are becoming more prevalent. What do these nefarious online actors want?
Fortunately, there are ways to protect yourself, your business, and your customers. This webinar sponsored by A10 Networks puts the threat in perspective and provides insights to help stop these attacks from happening, including:
- Attacks targeting the network layer or volumetric floods are the most common attacks experienced.
- DDoS attacks pose the greatest threat at the network layer.
- DDoS attacks can have severe financial consequences because they cause a loss of productivity, customer turnover and damage to property, plant and equipment.
Ways to Respond:
- Threat intelligence currently used to mitigate the threat of a DDoS attack are often stale, inaccurate, incomplete and does not integrate well with various security measures.
- To improve prevention and detection of DDoS attacks, organizations need actionable threat intelligence.
- Scalability, integration and reduction of false positives are the most important features to prevent DDoS attacks.
- Most organizations plan to offer DDoS scrubbing services.